Leaderboard
728x15

LeBron James New York City More Than a Game 2 by David Shankbone

Large Rectangle

Check out these york photo images:


LeBron James New York City More Than a Game 2 by David Shankbone
york photo
Image by david_shankbone
LeBron James in New York City for More Than A Game Shankbone post.

This photo is included in my '100 People I Photographed for the Creative Commons' set of my favorites shots out of the thousands of people I have photographed.

(About David Shankbone)


Across from Ground Zero
york photo
Image by Stuck in Customs
New York is a great place for walkin-around photography. I always suggest using a wide-angle lens to shoot buildings and architecture. Now, many people complain that it can distort lines and change the angles. This does not really bother me so much, because I think many people can take this wide-angle view in their mind and then re-calibrate everything to make sense. For example, that black building is obviously a square building with right angles, even though the top of it seems to have a 110 degree corner. Honestly, I don't think 95% of viewers even think about it. They just see the photo and it "feels good" to them. I often have professional photographers come comment on my wide-angle architecture shots when the walls are not 90 degrees perpendicular to other objects. My response is, I'm sure to them, quite childish, since I usually say, "Who cares?"

Besides, using a wide-angle lens is usually the only way to get the whole scene inside of a rectangle, which, itself, is an arbitrary viewing shape.

from my daily photo blog at www.stuckincustoms.com

Banner