Leaderboard
728x15

Cool Photo Blog images

Large Rectangle

Check out these photo blog images:


HDR Experiment #1 - [Explored 12/21/2012]
photo blog
Image by w4nd3rl0st (InspiredinDesMoines)

Follow me here, too!
Google+ | Facebook | Twittert | Tumblr

Let me first say that I did not take this photo. This image was provided by Brian Koprowski (Brian Flickr) as part of an experiment to see how people would edit the same 3 RAW files differently. You can read more about the experiment here: OutofChicago.

Good idea, Brian!




Anyway here is my submission.

This was my workflow:
Three RAW images were imported into lightroom. I immediately made a virtual copy of each image and did my best to split them so that there were shorter exposure intervals between each shot. I edited each shot so that it had similar contrast and clarity.

Next I bumped the purples and the reds in each of the middle three images. I think my favorite part of his picture was the subtle colors in the buildings and the shoreline.

After that it was off to HDR Efx with all six images. I used a homemade preset to edit this into HDR.

When that was complete I ran it through "define" to reduce some noise and then did some slight distortion clean up in Lightroom.

View On Black

Nice job, Brian - I like this image.

This photo was featured on "Explore - December 21"

Banner