Leaderboard
728x15

Nice Change Background Image photos

Large Rectangle

A few nice change background image images I found:


Texture/Background 17
change background image
Image by ~Brenda-Starr~
This texture is free to use in your creative works.
Please do not redistribute or make small changes and claim it as your own.

Please provide credit via a link under your work back to this image or to my account where possible.

I would love to see the results of your work, so please leave me a link or a small copy in my comment box below.

Thank you,
Brenda.

I belong to this set. ~Textures Vol 2~

If you are looking for more stock images and textures, please check out my group
"Brenda's Stock Resources".


The Smoking Gun Photo
change background image
Image by 350.org
Bill, please find attached my "Smoking Gun Photo" from 1989.

This was a photo which I took during a sailboat race on the Great Salt Lake
of the Kennecott copper smelter in Magna, UT.

This photo received national coverage, is posted in many EPA offices know as
the "Smoking Gun" image, and was presented to the Governor of the State of
Utah, along with the Kennecott/Rio Tinto Zinc financials, which showed that
this company was earning over M a day, running their processes in this
manner.

While this is the picture of many of the "runaway" smelter processes, it
shows what happens at many smelters that have marginal pollution controls,
especially in third world countries.

Kennecott/RTZ ended up spending over b to clean up the process, after the
Great Salt Lake Yacht Club, of which then I was commodore, launched a
lawsuit with the support of the Environmental Defense Fund.

I have to admit that the Kennecott process (going from batch to continuous
smelting) is much cleaner now, but this photo may be good evidence of what
is probably happening at other smelters around the world.

I am using this photo as the background image on facebook for the Interfaith
Power & Light fb page.

Yours free to use, if you feel that it is appropriate.

Ray Janus
AZ #- 480.633.0369 H #
C #- 480.282.4228 C #
Email:
<blocked::

Banner