Leaderboard
728x15

Cool I Stock Photo images

Large Rectangle

Check out these i stock photo images:


Kimono Stock Photo: yukata kimono fabric shibori indigo kanoko tonbo
i stock photo
Image by snowfoxcreations / ningyousuki
Another one out of the fabric pile. It seems to be from a yukata, and features a motif of "tonbo" (dragonfly). The background appears to be shibori, although it might well be faux shibori. :? The main dye seems to be indigo. I *think* that I've heard that spots like those in the background are called "kanoko" (fawn/deer spots) shibori, but I'm probably wrong, so please don't use this as a reference for that unless you're sure. ^^; ... >_>

Yukata aren't really my field, and neither is shibori, so I'm kind of treading water here to label this. >_> Any input is welcome.

EDIT: Thanks to Sarcasm-hime and Iyolin @ IGF. Kanoko Shibori is the right term for this type, and it CAN be on yukata, but this particular one is probably fake/printed shibori. The real deal is super-expensive and has a bit more texture/irregularity.

Banner