Leaderboard
728x15

Signs

Large Rectangle

A few nice buy photo images I found:


Signs
buy photo
Image by drp
My first week of commuting/working in NYC I almost gave up. I hated it. I told myself I wasn't good enough, that I shouldn't be here, that they made a mistake in hiring me.

Every morning though, I saw this one woman - in the subway, sitting on a bench at the station, walking slowly down the escalator, resting at a table in the café.

She was easily 8-9 months pregnant. Each time she appeared emotionally and physically drained, breathing heavy and holding the bowling ball growing in her stomach. Despite that, she was always impeccably dressed, neat and sharp, whether reading a book or stopping to get a few moment's rest at a doorway.

It's because of her that I didn't give up. I took seeing her over and over again at different times of the day as an omen. I thought to myself "this is a sign." Her presence was to show me that new beginnings are to be cherished, and that potential for something good and beautiful in life is all around us. Embrace it.

I have not seen her for a few weeks now, so I assume she has given birth to her child and is enjoying a well deserved rest and quality time with her new baby. When I do see her again, if at all, I am going to tell her what it meant to me to see her, and maybe buy her something soothing to drink.

People should know how they make a difference in your life, however small.
__________________________________________________

If you can, please make a contribution towards the disaster relief efforts
in India and Pakistan (as well as continuing efforts in New Orleans and
Texas) by donating to the Red Cross/Red Crescent.
__________________________________________________

[ o ]

As a way of returning the extraordinary generosity and support you
have all shown me in this great community, whenever I upload a new
pic or series of shots this year, I'll provide a link to another flickr
photog whose work, personality, or spirit I feel you should discover.

Visit and introduce yourself. Make a friend. Share the love.

Open your eyes to mafnood.com today.


Buy nothing Day - Noviembre 24
buy photo
Image by jos3s1to
buy nothing day - Noviembre 24.
imagen by Azote
(http://www.flickr.com/photos/azote/299452674/)


Buy Nothing Day ( Black Friday - the day after Thanksgiving)
buy photo
Image by Steve Rhodes
What Would Jesus Buy?
playing in San Francisco & other cities

revbilly.com

adbusters.org/metas/eco/bnd/

Rev Billy will be at the SF shows tonight (Sat. Nov 24th)

Some photos when he was at DocFest

www.flickr.com/photos/ari/sets/72157602233718420/

Banner