Leaderboard
728x15

BakPo was tired of my incessant photo taking and started making faces at me instead.

Large Rectangle

Check out these my photos images:


BakPo was tired of my incessant photo taking and started making faces at me instead.
my photos
Image by Malingering
My 102 year old great-grandma.


My Jeans Purse - 2 of 3 photos
my photos
Image by Urban Woodswalker
Well, I made a jeans bag for myself. It has a long strap (recycled jeans waistband, an upcycled web belt, and 2 D rings) and its got lots and lots of deep pockets. I am one of those who always has the inner thighs wear out of my still newish - looking jeans. They usually get cut up for scraps but this time I made this for myself.

I used what I had on hand and my only mistake was in embroidering with acrylic and NOT wool yarn. Acrylic yarn is bright and shiny but it frays and doesn't hold up as well. I hope a couple bottles of "Fray Check" applied to all red and orange yarn will keep the stitches from wearing out.

The embroidery was brutal on my hands! I did NOT cut away all the flat felled jean seams, and it was a nightmare to continually sew/embroider through such heavy cotton denim. I do LOVe the way this bag came out though. It doesn't need a clasp, because it just hangs perfectly from my shoulder w/o gaping.

I took the legs and made pockets, and turned the back around so the original existing flat back pockets were inside. There are so many nice deep pockets, I actually had to memorise where I keep everything. Its the best bag I ever had, and I have been making bags since the 1970s in every kind of technique and material.

Got my keys hanging from a caribeaner. Because they would get lost inside!
Its a big bag, and I can probably go away on a 4 day trip with this bag! :-)

I cannot stress enough-- it was really tough on my hands to hand embroider through so many layers and I used big industrial sail maker needles and pliers to pull the needle through. But I get great compliments on this bag where ever I go.


Banner